[R] crimson editor

Thomas Lumley tlumley at u.washington.edu
Thu Dec 5 17:18:03 CET 2002

On Thu, 5 Dec 2002, Marta Rufino wrote:

> R in batch mode. I have started creating a syntax colour code for this
> program (it is realy simple to do it...just asci file)...
> and I was wondering, does anyone know where can I get a complete list of
> the R functions? What about separated by packages?

No (since it depends on what packages you have).  However,
  allnames<-lapply(grep("package:",search()),function(i) ls(pos=i))
will return the names of all the base functions and functions in loaded
packages, sorted by package.

There is also a file indexing the installed help pages in
doc/html/search/index.txt
All functions should appear somewhere in an "Aliases" line in this file,
but some non-functions will also appear.

> Is there a similar file (of syntax highlighting) from emacs that I can
> copy/see? BEcause I think it would be nice to have the same colour scheme...

Emacs doesn't do it by knowing all the functions but rather by knowing
what functions look like.

	-thomas