[R] R 1.6.1 segmentation fault

rohan sadler rsadler at agric.uwa.edu.au
Mon Dec 9 01:46:03 CET 2002

Hi,

I had a segmentation fault similar to the way you described, but
between R 1.5.1 and R 1.6.1 on RH 7.3.
All I had to do was to change the value of the environmental variables
R_HOME and R_LIBS since R 1.6.1 was compiled in a different directory
from R 1.5.1. I had defined these variables earlier in order to couple R
with the data exploration package GGOBI, which may or may not be your
case. My segmentation fault arose (from memory) primarily when trying to
load a library since there were two library systems available, one from
1.5.1 and one from 1.6.1.

Somebody else is likely to be more clear on this matter.

Rohan