[R] interfacing ranlib

Guillot Gilles Gilles.Guillot at inapg.inra.fr
Thu Dec 12 15:25:12 CET 2002

Hi,

I'm currently trying to interface the package of fortran
subroutine randlib.f-1.3  (written by Brown, Lovato,  Russell, Venier)
via R the .Fortran() function.

This fortran source code contains a lot of  instructions like
write(*,*)  'message'
or
stop 'message'
which are not compatible with R.

In the fortran source code,
I've changed any occurence of
write(*,*) 'message'
call rwarn('message')

and
stop 'message'
call rexit('message')

At the dynamic loading step in R, I get
the following error message :

> dyn.load("/home/guillot/projets/flux/fortran/essai_3/prog3.so")
Error in dyn.load(x, as.logical(local), as.logical(now)) :
        unable to load shared library
"/home/guillot/projets/flux/fortran/essai_3/prog3.so":
  /home/guillot/projets/flux/fortran/essai_3/prog3.so: undefined symbol: s_cmp

Does anyone have any suggestion on how to avoid this error message or have
experience in interfacing this library to R

Thanks,

Gilles

Gilles Guillot
Unité de Biométrie
Institut National Agronomique de Paris-Grignon
16, rue Claude Bernard
75365 Paris cedex 5
tél : 01 44 08 72 71
fax : 01 44 08 16 66