[R] Manipulating the output from read.spss

SMarkandsusan@aol.com SMarkandsusan at aol.com
Mon Dec 16 21:08:02 CET 2002

This seems like a problem that others may have run into before. I got a
merged dataset from SPSS. It has ~750 columns X 3400 rows. Most of the cell
entries are NA. There are about 375 rows that contain observations on all
variables and I want to extract this subset from the original list (of
lists). I'm pretty sure I can do it programmatically in R but it will take me
a few hours to write and debug. Before I start down that road I thought I'd
ask if anyone had already tackled this particular type problem already.
Thanks a lot,
Mark Schultz