[R] getData.lme error

Remko Duursma den.duurs at lycos.com
Tue Dec 17 20:32:21 CET 2002

hi list,

i am making some diagnostic plots using plot.lme(),
my lme model was fit with the option na.action='na.exclude'.

On the following (or similar) commands:

plot(flu.trees.42.w25.10.2,  resid(., type="p") ~ fitted(.)|species, abline=0)

R returns an error message:
Error in getData.lme(object) : couldn't find function "naAct"

It turns out that the function getData.lme does:

naAct <- eval(mCall$na.action)
    if (!is.null(naAct)) {
        data <- naAct(data)
    }

however, the funcion na.exclude is not properly assigned to naAct
in this way.

Has anyone encountered this before?
What to do?

(i can, ofcourse, refit my model with excluding the NAs myself - but thats not so elegant!)

Thanks,

Remko Duursma

Remko A. Duursma, Ph.D. student
Forest Biometrics Lab / Idaho Stable Isotopes Laboratory
Department of Forest Resources
University of Idaho - College of Natural Resources
Email: remkoduursma at yahoo.com
Tel: (208)-885-5165