[R] Running R on a Local Area Network

ripley@stats.ox.ac.uk ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Wed Dec 18 15:45:30 CET 2002

You should try mapping your remote files to a local drive. It's absolutely
normal to do so.  I have no idea why this is not working, as all the I/O
is done via normal Windows API calls.  Once mapped it certainly works:
our lab has R on the N: drive, which is served from a remote Linux Samba
server.

By the way, I am sure you are not trying to run R remotely: R is running
on the local machine but using files served from a remote machine without
being mounted.  This is equivalent to expecting server:/usr/local/bin/R
syntax to work on a Unix box (which it will not).