[R] Course***R/Splus programming I: Essentials and Data Analysis***January 2003

Elvis Miller, PhD elvis at xlsolutions-corp.com
Thu Dec 19 01:32:03 CET 2002

XLSolutions Corporation (www.xlsolutions-corp.com) is pleased to
announce a two-day S-plus/R course. The monthly schedule for our
2003 courses will be available soon! Do you know we've added
new courses at different levels and revised some of our course
to fit your needs?

"S-plus/R programming I: Essentials and Data Analysis" in:

	  San Francisco  ****  January 23-24, 2003
        Washington DC  ****  January 23-24, 2003
        Chicago        ****  January 30-31, 2003
        London, UK     ****  January 30-31, 2003

This two-day hands-on course teaches participants the basics of S and R
syntax.
We will concentrate on learning the data structures and commands necessary
for data analysis. This course is designed for those who want to learn
to write programs to accomplish typical data-processing tasks, including
creating graphics. The course will give participants a strong foundation
for becoming a versatile programmer.

Cost for two-day course (payment due after the class).

          Commercial $765
          Academic   $650     Early bird special and group discount: email
us!

(Includes course materials, 90 days Technical Support for R,
snacks and continental breakfast!)

We also offer private affordable 1-day or 2-day courses customized to your
needs.

Registration:

Email Sue Turner: sue at xlsolutions-corp.com
Phone: 206-686-1578 x221
Visit us: www.xlsolutions-corp.com/training.htm

Benefits:

This two-day course focuses on how to

   · Create and Enhance Different kinds of Plots  (Scatter plots,
Histograms,
Boxplots,.etc)
   · Import/export data into the software environment
   · Create and manipulate data (vectors, data frames, lists)
   · Use the graphical features of the software to explore data
   · Perform basics statistics and fit linear regression
   · Write functions to automate data analysis tasks

Course Topics:

   · An Overview of the Software System: Installation and Demonstration
   · Data Objects and Syntax
   · Data Manipulation and Management
   · Overview of High-level and Low-level Graphics Functions for Data
Exploration
   · Creating and Enhancing Plots
   · A Comparison of R and S-PLUS
   · Writing Functions and Automating Analyses
   · Constructing Models and Testing Hypotheses
   · Fitting Linear regression modeling
   · Tips and Troubleshooting

Course Format:

This course consists of a series of short lectures in a PC lab with
demonstrations and interactive sessions for the participants. Each student
is provided with bound copies of the notes and a CD-ROM containing all
examples,
exercises and software used on the course.

Share Your Thoughts:

Are there any additional topics you would like for this course to address?
Would you like for this course to be offered in another city?

Please let us know by contributing to our recommendation list:
training at xlsolutions-corp.com.