[R] Simulation/OR in R

Murray Jorgensen maj at stats.waikato.ac.nz
Thu Dec 19 03:21:02 CET 2002

Well it looks like I'll be teaching half of a second year "Optimization
and Simulation" course next year. Not really my thing, but it should
make an interesting change. I'm looking for ideas for using R in such a
course.

I will be teaching more the stochastic part of the course and my
colleague will continue to teach linear and integer programming and
transportation/network problems. If I sound vague about what exactly I
will cover, it's because I have not decided or even given it much
thought yet. Just the same I would be greatful for any suggestions
regarding nice applications of R in simulation and stochastic OR.

Murray
--
Dr Murray Jorgensen      http://www.stats.waikato.ac.nz/Staff/maj.html
Department of Statistics, University of Waikato, Hamilton, New Zealand