[R] Probblems with loading the tcltk library

Christian Schulz c.schulz at metafacts.de
Thu Feb 7 16:31:04 CET 2002

Prof Brian Ripley wrote:

>On Wed, 6 Feb 2002, Beat Huggler wrote:
>
>>Hi guys
>>
>>Recently a wanted to look at the opotunities which are suported by the
>>labrary of tcltk. Unfortunatly I couldn't load the library and it
>>occured the following error message:
>>
>>Error in firstlib(which.lib.loc, package) :
>>        TCL_LIBRARY is not set
>>Error in library(pkg, character.only = TRUE) :
>>        .First.lib failed
>>
>>I've tried to load it in sveral ways. I reinstalt the this library bud
>>nothing happend. What is the problem and how can I solve it??
>>

>It appears that this was under Windows and you have not set TCL_LIBRARY.
>That *is* in the README, and also in the rw-FAQ.

I have got the same problems, but use this :
Sys.putenv("TCL_LIBRARY"="c:/Tcl/lib/tcl83")
where my TCL/TK  is installed and  set in my win2000  the same folder to
the path row !?

...than i get this message:

 Error in dyn.load(x, as.logical(local), as.logical(now)) :
        unable to load shared library
"D:/Statsoft/rw1041/library/tcltk/libs/tcltk.dll":
  LoadLibrary failure:  Das angegebene Modul wurde nicht gefunden.
Error in library(tcltk) : .First.lib failed

thanks for advance &
regards,Christian