[R] system-independent path for source()

David R. Bickel dbickel at mail.mcg.edu
Wed Feb 20 20:54:59 CET 2002

I would like to use the same source files with UNIX and MacOS Carbon
versions of R. Some of these source files access other source files
through the source function, but UNIX separates directories with "/" and
MacOS separates them with ":" and the beginning of the path is also
different on each system. Is there a way to write the source files so
that they can use source() with system-independent paths?

Or would it be easier for me to convert the source files to packages and
use library()?

http://www.mcg.edu/research/biostat/bickel.html

David R. Bickel, PhD
Assistant Professor
Medical College of Georgia
Office of Biostatistics and Bioinformatics
1120 Fifteenth St., AE-3037
Augusta, GA 30912-4900

Tel.: 706-721-4697; Fax: 706-721-6294
E-mail: dbickel at mail.mcg.edu or bickel at prueba.info