[R] library() with v. 1.5.0 for Mac OS X Carbon

David R. Bickel dbickel at mail.mcg.edu
Mon Jun 10 23:47:15 CEST 2002

I am having trouble with the library function of R Version 1.5.0 for Mac
OS X Carbon when I try to load libraries that did not come with the R
installation. For example, I put the Biobase library from
bioconductor.org in the 'library' folder. R cannot find it, even though
it can find the pre-installed libraries:

 > library() # this lists standard libraries such as 'boot', but does not
list 'Biobase'
 > library('boot') # this loads 'boot'
 > library('Biobase')
Error in library("Biobase") : There is no package called `Biobase'

I think I need to somehow install the new library like I did with the
Mac UNIX version of R, but I don't know how to do this with the Carbon
version. I would appreciate any help with this.

Sincerely,
David Bickel

http://www.mcg.edu/research/biostat/bickel.html

David R. Bickel, PhD
Assistant Professor
Medical College of Georgia
Office of Biostatistics and Bioinformatics
1120 Fifteenth St., AE-3037
Augusta, GA 30912-4900

Tel.: 706-721-4697; Fax: 706-721-6294
E-mail: dbickel at mail.mcg.edu or bickel at prueba.info