[R] problem with lme in nlme package
bates at stat.wisc.edu
Thu May 2 15:18:36 CEST 2002
I'm travelling today and won't be able to check this discrepancy. I
will try to look at it tomorrow.
A couple of things to consider:
- the underlying optimization software is different in S-PLUS and R.
It may be that the REML estimates are poorly defined and
convergence is being declared in different places by different software.
Have you checked the intervals on those variance components using
- I believe the data are already in the nlme package as the
MathAchieve and MathAchSchool data sets.
- In Bryk's analysis the meanses is calculated incorrectly.
- Some analysis of these data is given in the slides at
- It is much easier (and faster) to calculate the meanses gsummary.
I think it would be gsummary(MathAchieve, which = "ses")
Douglas Bates bates at stat.wisc.edu
Statistics Department 608/262-2598
University of Wisconsin - Madison http://www.stat.wisc.edu/~bates/
r-help mailing list -- Read http://www.ci.tuwien.ac.at/~hornik/R/R-FAQ.html
Send "info", "help", or "[un]subscribe"
(in the "body", not the subject !) To: r-help-request at stat.math.ethz.ch
More information about the R-help