[R] how to overlay the histogram with fitted gamma density plot (emergent!!)

xiaodong jin jin_xiaodong at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 16 22:55:43 CEST 2002

For a real data column X value ranged between (56.4521,32317.9) with missing values, I need to overlay 2 plots: histogram & fitted gamma density.

I use following to generate histogram.

xbk_seq(50,33000,by=100)

hist(x,breaks=xbk)

But I don't know how to get "fitted gamma density"?

In SAS proc capability, I got Shape=2.59, Scale=3481).

But when I do

plot(dgamma(x, shape=2.59, rate=1,scale=3481)), it gives me a flat densed line close to 0, which does not look correct.

Would anybody help me on this?

Thanks!

Shelton

faith.yahoo.com