[R] Using the Search Engine & Keywords
ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Tue Oct 29 05:22:33 CET 2002
On Tue, 29 Oct 2002, Patrick Connolly wrote:
> On Sat, 26-Oct-2002 at 06:04AM +0100, ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk wrote:
> |> enabled? It does say in several places it is Java-based.
> |> 2) I have yet to see a Linux installation of R 1.6.0 where this did not
> |> work out of the box, although ours are all Red Hat. I understood from the
> I use R 1,6,0 with Red Hat 7.3 and Mozilla 1.0 with java ostensibly
> enabled, but it doesn't start. It works properly in li'l ol' Netscape 4.79.
> Any ideas where I should look to see why the two browsers behave so
> differently? Is it simply a case of corrupted profiles?
We found that mozilla/Netscape 6.x/7.0 was much more security-conscious
than Netscape 4.x. I had to arrange to copy the class files (not link
them) to get Mozilla 1.0 to run under 7.2. But that's been the case in R
since 1.5.1. So security is one place to look.
I would check via a java-enabled site that java really is working.
I've found it tricky with Mozilla. After that, there should be an error
message in the status bar when the search engine is run (or not).
Brian D. Ripley, ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Professor of Applied Statistics, http://www.stats.ox.ac.uk/~ripley/
University of Oxford, Tel: +44 1865 272861 (self)
1 South Parks Road, +44 1865 272860 (secr)
Oxford OX1 3TG, UK Fax: +44 1865 272595
r-help mailing list -- Read http://www.ci.tuwien.ac.at/~hornik/R/R-FAQ.html
Send "info", "help", or "[un]subscribe"
(in the "body", not the subject !) To: r-help-request at stat.math.ethz.ch
More information about the R-help