[R] Question about spatial statistics

washington santos da silva wss at ufla.br
Wed Sep 11 03:24:17 CEST 2002

I´m tryng  to use the SPDEP package in my research in the field of
population genetics. My data set
has the following format:

 -  x and y : coordinates,
-  Z: allelic frequency in  each loci (in a total of 8 locis) - this
variable can assume the values  0 ; 0.5 or 1.

 The objective is to verify if there is a possible spatial
autocorrelation structure of the allelic frequency in a population of
natives trees (copaifera langsdorffii).
I had some doubts about the package:

1)  Is the package suitable to analyze this kind of data?
2)  Are the spatial autocorrelation tests in the package suitable for
this analysis?
3)  If it is, what are the steps needed to carry out the Moran's I or
others tests ?

Any help will be welcome.
Regards and
Thank you very much.