[R] Help on sorting

Dr. Chris Wills cwills at ucsd.edu
Thu Sep 19 00:14:57 CEST 2002

To: r-help-request at lists.R-project.org
From: "Dr. Chris Wills" <cwills at ucsd.edu>
Subject: Questions about sorting and functions
Bcc:
	Two questions for you:
	1)  I cannot figure out how to sort one column in an array,
and drag the rest of the values that occupy the other columns along
with the sorted values in the first column.  What I would like to end
up with is an array that is the same size and dimensions as the first
array.  When I try various configurations of sort, I keep getting
vectors instead of the array I started with, and I have not found a
way to make sort "bind" other values to the sorted values.
	2)  I used a PC version of R over the summer, and was able to
use rowSum, colSum and similar functions.  These (and other things)
do not seem to be enabled on the Mac OS9 version.  Are they enabled
on the OS10 version?  If not, how can I enable them?  And how do I
download the OS10 version?  My computer does not recognize the .gz
files on the website http://cran.r-project.org/bin/macosx/atlas/.
	Many thanks,
	Chris Wills
--