[R] help with bootstrap

Marcio Pie pie at bu.edu
Tue Sep 24 14:03:54 CEST 2002

Hi there,

I'm stuck, but since I just started learning R, this might be a trivial
problem. I need to do a bootstrap on the variance among the eigenvalues
of a matrix. I can get this variance doing this:

 >var.eigenvalues=function(x)
 >var(eigen(cov(x), symmetric = T, only.values = T)$values)

but if I try to run:
 >matrix=read.table("matrix.txt", header=T)
 >boot(matrix, var.eigenvalues, 100)

I get: "Error in statistic(data, original, ...) : unused
argument(s) ( ...)".

Any idea of what I might be doing wrong?

Any help with be really appreciated.

Marcio

p.s.: Since I'm not subscribed, please reply to my e-mail address:
pie at bu.edu.spam (don't forget to remove the .spam from the address).