[R] Windows GUI palimpsest

janet rosenbaum jerosenb at hcs.harvard.edu
Tue Apr 1 20:25:13 CEST 2003

Windows (both XP and 98) seems to have a problem with our GUI, written
using R's tcl/tk package.

When we open another window, and then return to the GUI, the GUI has old
pieces of text left from the previous windows and/or places which are
cut off where a window had been.

Also, when it computes something, the window will often decide to move
itself over for no apparent reason, so it moves one button at a time,
very slowly --- this doesn't happen under linux or Mac.

Is there any way to stop this from happening?

Thanks,

Janet Rosenbaum					  jerosenb at fas.harvard.edu
Center for Basic Research in the Social Sciences, Harvard University