[R] Can't run regression on G3 Mac

Peter Muhlberger peterm at andrew.cmu.edu
Wed Apr 2 20:55:47 CEST 2003

First, let me thank all the folks who replied, many of which didn't make it
into the digest.

The following summarizes their experiences w/ lm on a G3 Mac.  Apparently
some people have lm in R working w/ apparently the same configuration that
doesn't work for others:

Machine             Operating System    R Configuration     Result
G3 iBook            10.2                Jan's OS X Binary   lm works
Pbook 500mhz G3     10.2                Jan's OS X Binary   lm fails
PB 400mhz G3 Pismo  10.2.4              Jan's OS X Binary   lm fails
Beige G3            OS X                Jan's OS X Binary   lm fails
Beige G3            OS X                Fink'ed             lm works
G3 iBook            OS X       Fink'ed r-base-atlas 1.6.1-3 lm fails
G3 Laptop           OS X?               Carbon rm162.sit    lm works
G3                  OS X?               Carbon rm162.sit    lm works

These are responses from the following folks:

D.G. , David, Peter (me), Steve, Steve, Ulises, Albyn, Martin

>From the above, the carbon version always seems to work, the finked version
worked for one person and not the other, and Jan's binary worked for 1
person but not three others.

Peter