[R] graphic question

Michal Bojanowski bojaniss at poczta.onet.pl
Mon Apr 7 18:46:02 CEST 2003

Hello Mama,

Monday, April 7, 2003, 8:28:29 AM, you wrote:

MB> I want to use R for some data mining project , and was wondering if it has
MB> any intercative graphical features?
MB> For example, is it possible to plot a histogram and be able to select a
MB> specific point on it and have all the data about it? or select a specific
MB> area in a curve and have all the data about it? or possibilities to zoom
MB> out and in?

I guess R is not the best choice for this kind of applications at this
moment (correct me, if I'm wrong). Interacting with graphs is AFAIK
limited to the use of locator(). Creating functions, that will provide
you with some information (what kind?) about plotted data via
locator(), would require considerable work with coding.

I've heard, that LispStat is good at this kind of jobs. I don't have
any experience with it, thats what "rumours" say.

I hope this helps
and good luck

m.

--