[R] Justifying only the X-label

Thomas W Blackwell tblackw at umich.edu
Mon Apr 7 23:13:57 CEST 2003

Without trying to look at the attachment ... I think that
title(xlab= ) does NOT have the flexibility you want, but

  mtext("Time", side=1, line=2, at=range(x)[2], adj=1)

might be enough to plug the new label in wherever you want it.
If you're using some version of the basic  plot()  function to
create the plot in the first place, use argument xlab="" to
suppress the automatic axis label in the center of the axis.
See  help("mtext"), help("title"), etc.

-  tom blackwell  -  u michigan medical school  -  ann arbor  -