[R] R-help list: archives off for a few hours; duplicate postings

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Thu Apr 10 10:02:37 CEST 2003

Dear mailing lists users,
For some restructuring time, the R-help mailing list _archives_
are out of reach for a few hours (since 5 minutes ago).

Also, many of you have seen duplication of some messages to the
mailing list.  This has been caused by a change to the mailman
configuration I had done for speed-up reasons (and according to
the docs) and mailman race-condition bugs that I didn't expect.
For the moment, I'd rather continue the current behavior with
increased delivery speed and hope you'll live fine with the
occasional duplicates.

Yours,
Martin Maechler <maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch>	http://stat.ethz.ch/~maechler/
Seminar fuer Statistik, ETH-Zentrum  LEO C16	Leonhardstr. 27
ETH (Federal Inst. Technology)	8092 Zurich	SWITZERLAND
phone: x-41-1-632-3408		fax: ...-1228			<><