[R] No graphical view ?!

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Mon Apr 14 12:14:27 CEST 2003

On Mon, 14 Apr 2003 thierlan at freesurf.fr wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've just installed R (Linux) and I have some problems with graphical
> viewing.Could you, please, explain me why I can't see graph when I just want to make
> a plot ?

You give us very little to go on here.  The most likely explanation is
that X11 was not found when you installed R (perhaps because you don't
have the -devel RPMs installed?)

What happens when you run R and do

> x11()

?  A graphics window should pop up, or you should get an informative error
message.

To help you further we need to know

- the version of R and the distribution of Linux
- how you installed R (from the sources, RPMs etc)
- the logs of the installation.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk