[R] Charts to M$Word - what's the best format

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Mon Apr 14 14:00:27 CEST 2003

On 14 Apr 2003, Ernesto Jardim wrote:

> You're also assuming I'm in M$Windows, which I'm not. Anyway if I'm in

How do use use bmp if you are not?  Perhaps you would be so kind as to
tell us

- What platform you are using R on?
- What platform you are using MicroSoft Word on?

and in future disclose such information in your first posting.

> windows that is the best way ? What about exporting with R functions
> like png() ?
>
> I thought these functions would be the best way of exporting charts.

You assert, but you don't explain why and you don't like the results! If a
`chart' means a vector plot, it is pretty obvious that a vector graphics
format is best, and that means EMF, ps, PDF or SVG in the world of R
graphics drivers.  AFAIK Word does not support the last two.