[R] A statistical problem.Anybody can help me?

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Mon Apr 14 17:10:13 CEST 2003

The standard asymptotic theory would start by deriving the
characteristic funciton of |R(i)|, then of a(i)|R(i)|, then multiplying
together the characteristics functions.  Then invert the characteristic
function with liberal use of Taylor's theorem.

Any good book on asymptotics and approximation theory in Statistics
(especially Edgeworth expansions) will discuss this.  The modern theory
of saddlepoint approximations may do something different, but I'm not
familiar with that.

Hope this helps.

Spencer Graves