[R] Analyzing Medical Data Using S-PLUS by Everitt and Rabe-Hasketh

david.whiting@ncl.ac.uk david.whiting at ncl.ac.uk
Tue Apr 15 11:11:21 CEST 2003

On Mon, Apr 14, 2003 at 11:39:52PM -0500, Marc Schwartz wrote:

> Dave,
>
> I don't know if you have received any feedback, but thought I would
> offer my thoughts.

[...]
> particular writing style.  My recommendation would be to see if your
> library might have a copy for you to review before your commit to a
> purchase. That would give you the opportunity to review it in
> comparison to the others and see if the content is sufficiently
> different to warrant a purchase.

Thanks Mark.  Good advice.  I am based full-time in Tanzania at the
moment and probably won't be able to see a copy before I buy.
Compared to your collection my book collection is still relatively
small (but growing).

The synopsis on Amazon is not very helpful and seems to be more of a
plan for the book conceived before the it was written.  The synopsis
also says:

"The book would complement Venables and Ripley (VR). However, there is
far less about the details of S-PLUS and probably less technical
descriptions of techniques."

The first sentence is good - I have (critical) MASS - but the second
makes me nervous... Ah, I'm going to give it a go.

Thanks.

Dave

--
Dave Whiting