[R] graphics output produces corrupt/empty files

Pfaff, Bernhard Bernhard.Pfaff at drkw.com
Tue Apr 15 17:01:32 CEST 2003

-----Original Message-----
From: Martin Schmettow
[mailto:martin.schmettow at bibliothek.uni-regensburg.de]
Sent: 15 April 2003 16:54
To: r-help at stat.math.ethz.ch
Subject: [R] graphics output produces corrupt/empty files

Hi there.

as a newbie I figured out the basics of R but when it came to graphic
output it was a bad surprise.
All but the X11 device do not function properly. Most of them generate
an empty file and pdf() produces non valid output (gs and acroread as well).
Very annoying, because I have to write a report.
I got the recent stable binary rpm (v1.6.2) from CRAN on a SuSE Linux 8.1.
Any help?

CU
Martin.

--
Martin Schmettow
Universitätsbibliothek Regensburg, Projekt Meta-Akad

dev.off()
*********

Have you included dev.off() at the end of your graphic commands?

HTH
Bernhard