[R] Re: Charts to M$Word - what's the best format

Thomas Lumley tlumley at u.washington.edu
Tue Apr 15 17:57:08 CEST 2003

On Tue, 15 Apr 2003, Peter Muhlberger wrote:

> I'm a Mac OS X user.  Is there any way of transferring an R plot or chart to
> a Mac (or UNIX) graphics program so it can be modified?

Yes. The best way depends on which graphics program you have.  If you can
edit PDF files (eg Photoshop with Acrobat) then use the pdf() driver.

The xfig() driver produces files that you can edit with the Unix Xfig
program.

If neither of these is available, you can produce png() bitmap graphs (at
least on the Darwin version of R) and edit these in most image editing
programs.

	-thomas