[R] Summarizing levels for future commands

Suzanne E. Blatt SuzieBlatt at netscape.net
Wed Apr 16 00:32:44 CEST 2003

Hi.  This will hopefully be readily understood but if not, bear with me.

I have to do a repeated analysis (in spatstat) and want to batch file it.  For each of my 'runs' certain variables change.  At present I am manually specifying these changes and want to automate it if possible.

Ok, I am creating an object which is comprised of 'levels' that are 'characters'.  Further in my program I need to select one of these 'levels' as the comparison to the others.  The one I want to select is the most frequent and then compare it to the second most frequent.  Is there anyway to get R to determine the most frequency of 'levels' in an object and then use a specific one in future functions?  I couldn't find it in my search through the manual or the r-help archives.

I hope what I am attempting to do is clear, let me know if it isn't.
Thanks,
Suzanne