[R] Help with TCL packages

Yvonnick Noel ynoel at tele2.fr
Thu Apr 17 09:28:29 CEST 2003

Hello,

I am exploring the TCLTK package under R and try to load and use additional TCL libraries (under Windows, with TCL8.3). For example :

> addTclPath("C:/TCL/lib/bwidget1.5")
> tclRequire("BWidget")
<Tcl> 1.5

# The main window appears correctly
> top=tktoplevel()

# Trying to insert a combobox
> combo <- tkwidget(top,"BWidget::combobox")
Error in structure(.External("dotTcl", ..., PACKAGE = "tcltk"), class = "tclObj") :
        [tcl] invalid command name "BWidget::combobox".

The file combobox.tcl is present in the BWidget directory.

I wonder what I'm doing wrong. Any idea ?

Yvonnick NOEL