[R] Using Coefficients Estimated from arima function using xreg argument

Richard A. Bilonick rab at nauticom.net
Thu Apr 17 17:52:12 CEST 2003

Does anyone know how to write the ARIMA time series model based on
coefficients estimated using the arima function with argumetn xreg? I
can exactly reproduce the corresponding forecasts manually to match
predict.Arima for simple AR(p) models. But if I add just one exogenous
variable with xreg to an AR(1) model for the dependent time series, I
cannot get the manual forecast to match predict.Arima with newxreg
argument. The help file for arima does not write out the model for the
case of using xreg. What am I missing?

Rick B.