[R] R Install problems with Redhat 9 : "tcl.so" versus "tcl.so.0"

Jonathan Baron baron at psych.upenn.edu
Thu Apr 17 18:34:05 CEST 2003

I seem to have installed R-1.7 on RH 9, using the following
suggestions.  It may take a while to learn if they caused any
problems.  But basic things certainly work.

On 04/17/03 12:32, M.Kondrin wrote:
>If you haven't /usr/lib/libtcl.so.0 on your system I would suggest to
>make a symlink

ln -s /usr/lib/libtcl8.3.so /usr/lib/libtcl.so.0
and I also did (as suggested)
ln -s /usr/lib/libtk8.3.so /usr/lib/libtk.so.0

But the RPM still won't install because these are not registered
in the RPM database.  So I just did
rpm -Uvh -nodeps R-1.7.0-1.i386.rpm

As the README says, you do need to have blas installed, and it is
indeed on the installation disks (and in the RedHat mirror sites).

>May be ldconfig is also required.

It wasn't.

Home page:            http://www.sas.upenn.edu/~baron
R page:               http://finzi.psych.upenn.edu/