[R] Help with TCL packages

Yvonnick Noel ynoel at tele2.fr
Fri Apr 18 05:48:26 CEST 2003

Thanks for your reply Peter.

> I haven't got BWidgets around, but it seems that it likes to use
> MacCapitalizationStyle, so shouldn't it be BWidget::ComboBox ??

I have tried many case variations, but none worked.

> In general, you might want to try things out in the "wish" interpreter
> since R interfaces to an embedded Tcl interpreter and you're seeing
> its error messages.

What TCL command would you suggest (I am no expert in TCL)?

I also tried to load IWidgets, but now, loading doesn't work !

> library(tcltk)
> addTclPath("C:/TCL/LIB/IWIDGETS4.0.2")
> tclRequire("IWidgets")
Error in structure(.External("dotTcl", ..., PACKAGE = "tcltk"), class = "tclObj") :
        [tcl] can't find package IWidgets.

again when varying lower/upper case.

I would like to use one of these to write a simple TCLTK interface to R for my students.

Yvonnick Noel, PhD.
U. of Lille 3
FRANCE