[R] iwidgets in tcltk in R 1.7.0

James Wettenhall wettenhall at wehi.edu.au
Wed Apr 23 10:29:57 CEST 2003

Hi,

I have successfully installed R 1.7.0 and ActiveTcl 8.4.2.0 in
Windows 2000.  Yes, I know that Tcl is already bundled with
R 1.7.0, but I want to use the iwidgets package to create a
drop-down listbox, and I don't think iwidgets is included in the
bundled R 1.7.0/TclTk installation package.  I have set the
environment variables TCL_LIBRARY and MY_TCLTK to the directory
where I installed ActiveTcl and I have added the Tcl\bin
directory containing the DLLs to my PATH environment variable.
I can load the tcltk package with library(tcltk) and use all of
the standard widgets, but tclRequire("iwidgets") fails :

> tclRequire("iwidgets")
Error in structure(.External("dotTcl", ..., PACKAGE = "tcltk"),
class = "tclObj") :
        [tcl] can't find package iwidgets.

Thanks,
James

James Wettenhall                                  Tel: (+61 3) 9345 2629
Division of Genetics and Bioinformatics           Fax: (+61 3) 9347 0852
The Walter & Eliza Hall Institute         E-mail: wettenhall at wehi.edu.au
 of Medical Research,                     Mobile: (+61 / 0 ) 438 527 921
1G Royal Parade,
Parkville, Vic 3050, Australia
http://www.wehi.edu.au