[R] changing dir to network drive in Rgui caused crash ( 1.7.0)

Marc Schwartz mschwartz at medanalytics.com
Wed Apr 23 15:47:19 CEST 2003

Andy,

I have to run out of the office for a few hours, but a couple of
thoughts:

1. Try to map another drive letter to the same drive to see if there
is something with that particular mapping.
2. Try to map another drive letter to the 'Andy' folder, so that the
drive letter maps to that folder directly, not to the main directory
on the drive

These won't help with a resolution, but may help to isolate the
problem if there is an issue with the mapping as it is currently set
or perhaps with your network browsing.

It has been a few years, but my recollection is that on the server
side, there are both defacto scripts for all accounts which can
include mappings and there are account specific scripts which may
include the same. Is it possible that there is something in the
scripts/mapping or in your workstation environment that is
compromising the integrity of network browsing?

I'll check back when I return later this afternoon.

Regards,

Marc Schwartz