[R] equipment

Ruud H. Koning info at rhkoning.com
Wed Apr 23 19:56:09 CEST 2003

Hello, it is likely that I will have to analyze a rather sizeable dataset:
60000 records, 10 to 15 variables. I will have to make descriptive
statistics, and estimate linear models, glm's and maybe Cox proportional
hazard model with time varying covariates. In theory, this is possible in
R, but I would like to get some feedback on the equipment I should get for
this. At this moment, I have a Pentium 3 laptop running windows 2000 with
384MB ram. What type of cpu-speed and/or how much memory should I get?
Thanks for some ideas, Ruud