[R] Changing the size of the bounding box

Richard Anderson anderson at unt.edu
Wed Apr 23 23:11:33 CEST 2003

Greetings all:

I have to create a graph that has very specific dimensions for
publication purposes.  The graph is a semilog scaled graph and the
axes must range from 1 to 1,000,000 on the y axis and 0 to 100 on the
x axis.  The x axis should be exactly 8 inches and the y axis should
be exactly 5.25 inches.  I've been able to set the plot area to 8 x
5.25 using the par(pin=c(8,5.25)).  The problem that I'm running into
is that R seems to extend my data range by 4% to create a "bounding
box" and this throws off the layout of my graph.  Is there some way
to change this behavior?  Thanks in advance for any help.

--
Richard L. Anderson, MS
Security Analyst, University of North Texas