[R] Compiling R-1.7.0 on Mac OS X

Stuart Feerick stuart at feerick.org.uk
Mon Apr 28 19:50:57 CEST 2003

I'm having trouble compiling the latest version of R (1.7.0) under OS
(10.2.5), after running ./configure then make, building fails on the
file main/Rdynload.c with the following error message.

gcc   -I../../src/extra/pcre -no-cpp-precomp -I. -I../../src/include
-I../../src/include -I/sw/include -DHAVE_CONFIG_H   -g -O2 -c
Rdynload.c -o Rdynload.o
Rdynload.c: In function `R_FindSymbol':
Rdynload.c:1036: `CFunTab' undeclared (first use in this function)
Rdynload.c:1036: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
Rdynload.c:1036: for each function it appears in.)

Looking back through the list, I saw this problem was discussed last
year (http://maths.newcastle.edu.au/~rking/R/help/02a/4840.html), and I
have tried the solution proposed there, using the Fink version of
dlcompat, but with no success.  Does anyone have another suggestion?

If people reply to me in the first instance I will summarize the
replies to thee list.

Thanks for any help,

Stuart

stuart at feerick.org.uk