[R] how to present a table in powerpoint?

jonathan_li@agilent.com jonathan_li at agilent.com
Mon Apr 28 22:51:17 CEST 2003

Hi,

I have a nicely printed table of results generated by R's
> print(myresult)
where myresult is a "data frame".

I am trying to put this table into a powerpoint slide for presentation without re-typing and re-formating, i.e.,
present it as it is in the R window. This saves time when there are a lot of tables to be presented.

I tried
> sink("myresult.txt")
> print(myresult)
> sink()

resulting text file looks nice, but how can I insert it into powerpoint without losing its formatting? When I think more carefully about it, it seems to me that we need a way to convert this text presentation into graphical presentation such as postscript, then it would be easy to paste it into powerpoint without losing its formatting.

I suspect that this is a problem many other may also face sometimes. After doing searching in R-help archive with keywords like "powerpoint", "presentation", I came up with many entries about presenting graphs in powerpoint, but not one about presenting tables of numbers.

Your help is highly appreciated.
Jonathan