[R] "prediction intervals for glm"

Peter Dalgaard BSA p.dalgaard at biostat.ku.dk
Tue Apr 29 16:48:23 CEST 2003

Spencer Graves <spencer.graves at pdf.com> writes:

> "?predict.glm" produced something in my copy of R 1.6.2 under Windows
> 2000.

.. but probably not what Fredrik wanted. Prediction intervals (i.e.
intervals with 95% probability of catching a new observation) are
somewhat tricky even to define for glms. For Normal responses you have
the formula yhat +- qt(.975,df)* sqrt(s^2+se(yhat)^2), for other
continuous responses that would become (approximately!) the error
distribution convolved with a Gaussian density, for discrete responses
- say 0/1 - I wouldn't know what to do.