[R] R help

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Tue Apr 29 22:28:07 CEST 2003

	  No solution exists, because the mean of a sum of n random variables
each with mean mu is n*mu, which is different from mu if n > 1.

	  Beyond this, it is not clear to me what you want, but the following
might help, if my understanding of your problem is close to correct:

y <- rnorm(1)
n <- 3
x <- rnorm(n)/sqrt(3)
x <- y*x/sum(x)