[R] C algorithm to call R?

Zed Shaw zedshaw at telus.net
Wed Apr 30 01:36:00 CEST 2003

Hi,

I might be able to help you with that.  Check out this file from the
Obversive project:

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-
bin/viewcvs.cgi/obversive/obversive/src/backend/Attic/RService_i.cpp?
rev=1.1.2.11&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

The link is really long, so make sure you have everything on the above
line.

The file you are looking at is from our RBackend component, which is a
CORBA interface directly to the R system for running most basic code.
I don't know what your R calling needs are specifically, but this code
has lots of goodies you can probably use, and it is heavily commented.

The two methods to look at are RService_i::parse and
RService_i::syntax.  In the syntax function I use a hand written
parser I developed to return better error messages--which happens in
the "check_syntax" method--so you can just ignore the rest.

I hope that helps.

Zed A. Shaw
http://www.zedshaw.com/