[R] pca

Martin Wegmann wegmann at biozentrum.uni-wuerzburg.de
Wed Apr 30 11:40:40 CEST 2003

Hello,
I tried to compute a PCA of values derived from satellite imagery but
with princomp I get the following output:

>  pca.late <- princomp(late, na.action=na.fail)
Error in cov.wt(z) : x must contain finite values only>

the datasets are values from satellite imagery, therfore I assume they
are finite. But if not is there a way to minimize the decimal place?

I tried prccomp as well but I don't understand this output at all and I
can't add "na.action=na.pass" what I thought could be the problem.

 pcalate<-prcomp(late,scale=T)
Error in svd(x, nu = 0) : NA/NaN/Inf in foreign function call (arg 1)

any idea how to fix it?

thanks in advance, cheers Martin

--
Martin Wegmann
Department of Animal Ecology and Tropical Biology
wegmann at biozentrum.uni-wuerzburg.de
m.wegmann at web.de