[R] mpl in spatstat

Suzanne E. Blatt SuzieBlatt at netscape.net
Wed Apr 30 21:48:48 CEST 2003

Hello all,
I'm attempting to conduct spatial analysis of trees within a plot.  I want to see if the trees are spatially correlated to soil characteristics, say pH, or   moisture content.  I think one way to do it is with mpl, however, my soil characteristics were not taken at exactly the same locations as my trees and further, the vectors aren't the same length.  I'm getting the impression, largely from the error messages, that length matters, ie. they must be the same.  In my case this is impossible.  The example listed in the file:///tmp/Rtmp1608/.R/library/spatstat/html/mpl.html regarding 'soilsurvey' using 'soilchem' as the covariate does not seem to be located in library(spatstat) nor library(splancs).  I'm trying to see how that example works, but can't locate it.  Can anyone tell me how to circumvent the 'length' problem or direct me to the location of 'soilsurvey' and 'soilchem' so I can see how those datasets are set up.
Thanks,Suzanne
__________________________________________________________________Try AOL and get 1045 hours FREE for 45 days!http://free.aol.com/tryaolfree/index.adp?375380