[R] na.action in randomForest

David Parkhurst parkhurs at ariel.ucs.indiana.edu
Mon Aug 4 04:53:11 CEST 2003

The help page for randomForest shows na.action=na.fail as a parameter, and
does not describe other possibilities for na.action.

I have a regression problem, with about 1000 rows in my data frame, and with
an NA in occasional predictor variables, in about 5% of rows.  I would like
to have all rows included in the analysis, to the extent possible.  (That
seems to be possible in rpart, for example.)  Is it possible to specify that
rows with a few NA's should be included in the randomForest analysis?  If
so, how?

Thanks.

Dave Parkhurst