[R] How do I make R listen to a Unix domain socket?

Johannes Ranke jranke at uni-bremen.de
Tue Aug 5 09:12:47 CEST 2003

Respected r-help readers,

I am a bit uncomfortable because my favourite text editor vim does not
speak statistics. So I obtained a perl-script made to get vim to
interact with a lisp interpreter and had it set up so vim sends text to
a socket and R executes - but there are some irreproducible errors and I
don't understand the perl-script.

Could someone show me an alternative method to start R in a way that it
listens to a unix domain socket? I know about the R function
socketConnection() but this creates tcp sockets which I don't know how
to send text to.

Good day

Johannes Ranke