[R] L10N and i18n of R

M.Kondrin mkondrin at hppi.troitsk.ru
Wed Aug 6 18:25:58 CEST 2003

Shigeru Mase wrote:

> Nakama's patches can also handle other languages
> than Japanese. He kindly built Korean and Russian
> version of R (1.7.1) as rpm binaries (although
> he can understand neither Korean nor Russian).

It is interesting, but with Russian R works fine as is (can say nothing
  about Korean and Japanese). Using russian words as names for objects
and functions as well as text annotations in graphic devices does not
cause any troubles. I use R-1.7.0 under Linux with koi8-r Russian system
locale installed.