[R] R like SPSS

Gerhard Prade gerhard.prade at web.de
Wed Aug 6 13:02:17 CEST 2003

Hello all,

(Sorry, my bad english)
i am searching a alternativ for spss that i can use with linux. I
studied sociology in germany and work sometimes for some hours in the
marketresearch. There they use statistics like anova and crosstabs. I
see that r can make anova or regressions but the most work in the
marketresearch is making crosstabs. These companys use something like
spss tables or gess to make tables for the customers. I read that r can
make with latex tables with xtabs or ftable and so on. But i dont
understand the use of all that. My question is: Is R a good alternativ
to make tables?
The goal is to make something like that:

Question 1.1
What is your Age?
                                            PC-Users
        Linux User                    Windows User
                                        yes               |     no
     ||   yes            no                    yes            no
0-10 years                       4    2%         |     1 1%     ||
xx          and so on

11-20 years                     8    4%         |     2    2%  ||
 xx            and so on

21-30 years                    8    4%          |                  ||
 xx

31 years an older            180    90%    |                   ||    xx

not answerd                    0        0%      |                   ||

                                       200   100%        100 100%
Company XY
    Customer XY
7 of 10

I can do that with spss or gess, but can i do that with R?
Is it looks good with R?

Greatings, Gerhard