[R] evaluating and walking in names

Thomas W Blackwell tblackw at umich.edu
Thu Aug 7 00:35:43 CEST 2003

Cezar  -

The functions  sapply()  and  lapply()  will loop over all
of the columns in a dataframe.  A very common syntax is:

column.means <- sapply(my.data, mean)

But for this particular example, you could use the function
colMeans()  instead.  See the help for all three.

-  tom blackwell  -  u michigan medical school  -  ann arbor  -