[R] Strange predicted values ?

orkun temiz at deprem.gov.tr
Thu Aug 7 11:59:33 CEST 2003

>Those are not predicted values, they are fitted values.  Try predicting on
>the same set of variables as you printed.
>
>Please do try to give a small reproducible example so we can see what you
>actually did.
>
>On Thu, 7 Aug 2003, orkun wrote:
>

>>I carried out a logistic regression and found predicted values.
>>Then I want to see both predictors (var1,var2..) and predicted values
>>in same matrix. In other words, I need to know each combinations
>>and predicted values.
>>
>>I used:
>>cbind(var1,var2,var3,var4,predict(glm.obj,type="resp"))
>>
>>I got  a somewhat strange result:
>>
>>var1  var2  var3  var4  var5 var6      predicted vals
>>------   -----  ----- -------- -----  -----      -------------------
>>  6        6       1      1        1      1            4.24e-07
>>  6        6       1      1        1      1            8.37e-11
>>  6        6       1      1        1      1            6.8e-07
>>   .
>>   .
>>   .
>>
>>I had expected to have a same predicted value for
>>same combinations.
>>

>Yes, so it's a fair guess that is not what you computed.  But, we can't
>tell what you did do.

Thank you for your interest .
If  predict(glm.obj,type="resp") does not give predicted vals, How can I
get predicted values ?

The way I followed in attachment

kind regards

The views and opinions expressed in this e-mail message are the sender's own
and do not necessarily represent the views and the opinions of Earthquake Research Dept.
of General Directorate of Disaster Affairs.

Bu e-postadaki fikir ve gorusler gonderenin sahsina ait olup, yasal olarak T.C.
B.I.B. Afet Isleri Gn.Mud. Deprem Arastirma Dairesi'ni baglayici nitelikte degildir.